Sunday 12 May 2019

Washington D.C.

Among my travels, I've been lucky enough to have spent 2 weeks in this AMAZING city, below is my review...

Washington D.C. is the capital of the United States of America. Located on the eastern side of the country, this state has plentiful tourist attractions to spend your time. The Lincoln Memorial is probably the best place to start, with a stunning white building and a 200 meter long reflective waterway (tidal basin), making any sunset look positively beautiful.



Along with the National Cathedral, and the National Gallery of Art, (both with free entry), you can easily spend hours walking up and down the calm streets before settling down at any number of delicious local food stalls.

The Martin Luther King Jr memorial is also a must, and the local zoo is, again free! Though make sure you've checked open times and ensure you're not attempting to receive entry on a public holiday.

Lastly in my favorites of Washinton, would be the Newsum.

Here I spend four hours with my family, learning about previous news events, 9/11 was a large focus and how the media portrayed it. As well as, learning about the Anchorman! The movie featuring Will Smith and even practicing to be a news anchor.

They had green screens with cameras set up, and you could record yourself reading a script or just ignore it and go all out ab lib style. We could even see them on youtube, later the same day! So it was probably best that we weren't too inappropriate...

Overall, I had thoroughly enjoyed my trip to Washington, and although I only stayed there for a fortnight I feel like it was ell worth it and satisfactory.

10/10

-Xavier

No comments:

Post a Comment