Friday 3 May 2019

Emerald, Queensland

Hello everyone, Alvin here! I just came back from visiting some family in Emerald, Queensland a few days ago and so I'll talk about a few notable experiences I had while I was over there.

Emerald is a town in the central highlands region of Queensland, located approximately 270 kilometres west of Rockhampton and only has a population of 13,500 people. The town is so much quieter and warmer than Sydney and I found it to be a great change of environment and scenery. the roads are wider and they had this strip of road in the middle where people can park their cars. I thought that was so convenient. There aren't many places to visit if I'm being completely honest, I was really just there to visit family.

A few days in and we decided to drive to Rockhampton and stay the night. It was a three hour drive and the first thing we did was visit Mount Archer. The scenery was absolutely beautiful! you could see the whole city of Rockhampton from the lookout.

(not my image, source: https://guidetocentralqueensland.com.au/assets/images/Rockhampton_from_Mt_Archer-featured.jpg)

We did other things that didn't really involve travelling so I'll spare the details. We drove back to Emerald the next day. Emerald is home to many miners and industrial workers due to its proximity to the coal mines. It's quiet and peaceful and I really enjoyed my time there, or maybe it was in the company of my old relatives! Anyway, thanks for reading, I'll be going home to the Philippines in a few days from now so follow our blog to read about my experiences there and my fellow classmates' experiences on their travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment