Monday 13 May 2019

India

12/5/19
In the second half of 2013, after I graduated high school, a friend and I went backpacking in India.
I stayed in the stinking hot Dehli for a few days before making my way west to Rajasthan. 


After a week or so in the west, and after we spent a night on camels in the desert, we made our way east. We stopped in the town of Khajuraho, which is home to some very beautiful temples.



After some sight seeing I made my way to Varanasi. Here we spend a few days, one was spent waking up very early to ride on a boat across the Ganges. Situated along the holy river are cremation ceremonies. 



After Varanasi, we had to stop by Agra, the home of the Taj Mahal. 



After visiting the Taj Mahal, we ventured north to the mountain town of Manali. The stoner capital of India, where marijuana plants line the sides of the walkways.


After Manali we left for Nepal! But that's another blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment